June 13, 2006

About Me


My reason for starting a web site was not to put up great graphics, although I admire those that do. It wasn't to take up a lot of space with topics I didn't feel were needed. I knew that God had led me to start a web site that would express his love for one and all. But there was more. Here are a few of my reasons for starting this site:

That all would be inspired by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The same God that is alive today. The God who made the heavens and the earth. The God of the Bible. It is this God who loves you more than my words and inspiration could ever hope to get across to you. His love for you must be made known, and although I am but one voice, I will use that voice to let all know of this great love that is yours in Christ.

There is another reason for my site being up. I want to echo the words of Peter when he said to "test the spirits", whether they be of God or not. There are many false prophets and false shepherds in the world and I will shed some light on their ways and their doctrines. I believe that this is important. The days of tickling the ears with words that we want to hear instead of God's words is here in full force. It seems that more of this is going on now than ever before.

The other reason for having the site up is to bring to the attention of many what are some of the most important issues facing our nation today. I believe it important to do this and comment on issues relating to our culture. There are many issues today that so many are turning blind eyes and hearts to such as drug abuse, homelessness and unemployment. I plan to add my two cents so to speak on these as well as many other topics of importance that many are struggling with today.

What I believe:
1 I believe that God sent his Son, Jesus Christ to this world in order for him to be the supreme sacrifice for all of mankind and in turn, that would reconcile us to God the Father.Romans 5;8:
8)But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10)For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

2 I believe in the virgin birth and that the Holy child that was born to Mary was indeed the Son of God:Luke 1:35;
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

3 I believe that we are saved by Jesus Christ by faith alone, and apart from believing in his finished work on Calvary and in turn confession of the Lord Jesus, there is nothing we can do or should be doing to "earn" salvation. Each person individually must come to the realization of who Jesus Christ is to them. This is vital.
Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
(See more below on this)

4 I believe that we live by the Law of Faith in Christ Jesus according to scripture and that by the deeds of the law, no man shall be justified in his sight:
Romans 3:19-24:
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20)Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21)But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22)Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23) For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God;
24)Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25)Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his Blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are passed, through the forbearance of God.

5 I believe that the Word of God is thorough and infallible. The Word of God Is Truth. I also believe that Holy men of God were fully inspired by the Holy Spirit in order to create what we now know as our Bible. Nothing is to be added nor taken away from God's written Word.*2 Peter 20 &21:
20)Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21)For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but Holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
About the Word, Jesus said when praying to God in the garden right before the Crucifixion:
John 17;17;
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
6 I personally believe that our Bible is not to be changed and that some of the numerous translations and other versions that are now being distributed do have error in them. There are words omitted that should not have been. There are words added that should not be.

Jesus still told us:

Revelation 22;18,19:

18) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Note
This is not to say that I stand in judgment of those that prefer to read another translation of the Bible. I do not. It is not my intention to make this an issue in any way. I just believe that I should be up front about my beliefs. It was only recently that I considered studying and delving into the differences between the King James Version and the other versions of the Bible. I must say that I have learned that there are many differences in the translations and that does disturb me. When we dabble with the Truth, it is not good.
Man will change, but God will never change. His word was handed down to us when the original King James translation was provided to us. Some more about me:

When asked about my "denomination", I just smile and say, "Christian". I consider myself non-denominational. I study God's word, pray in Jesus name, and give love to others as Jesus instructed me to do. I was saved by Jesus Christ when I was 12, baptized when I was 16, and since I was a small child I felt like God was with me. There were certainly times beginning at a young age and lasting through my mid teen years that I had sorrow. Sorrow and sadness is the only way I can describe it to you. Right now I am looking for a word, but sorrow is all I can come up with.

I was not raised in a Christian home.
My parents didn't teach me about God, nor did they attend church except during occasional Easter or Christmas services, but they didn't discourage me in my relationship with God. It always seemed to be God who influenced me spiritually through his word. I am so thankful that the Lord took me in when at times there seemed to be nobody else that I could relate to. That to me will always be one of the main miracles of my life.
I was blessed that in junior high school, some friends got me to go to church with them. The following is an account of the night I received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord:

One night a sermon was given at church about Jesus and his being the Savior of mankind and what he did for me and everyone else.

It was explained and backed up by scripture about how Christ laid everything aside and took the form of a man, born of a virgin, and shed his sinless blood for me on the cross so that I could be saved, have a new life in Christ and be with him for all eternity.
It was then that I received Jesus Christ as my Savior.

Since that time, yes I have sinned. Being a Christian never did mean that we were perfect. If that were the case then Jesus would not have needed to be our sacrifice for sin.

I feel drawn, and always have, to those who don't know God nor Jesus. God has placed a special love and compassion in my heart for those who also have been offended or felt "out of place" by well meaning but at times misguided Christians. I guess there is a sort of kinship in the fact that I had nobody when I was young for many years, with the exception of a few that would help me later in my life, and I know what that's like. I have also felt the pain of offense earlier in my walk with the Lord by Christians who were silly and over zealous to their own and other's detriment.

God has given me a gift to love the people that seem unlovable to others. I am talking about non-Christians as well as Christians. I just see ALL of them through the eyes of Jesus, which is what I want other's to do for me, and his love goes from him, to me, and to them. I know it is God's love and not my own that I am dependent upon. I need his love and am dependent upon it just as much as the next person. He loves every person on this planet equally, and there is no respect of persons with him.

No comments: