June 12, 2006

Don't give up on life: Suicide is not the answer

Have you found yourself in a desperate situation that you cannot make it through? It is most likely the one instance that can prove to make you stronger than any other.

Many times in my life I've wondered how I could have landed in such dire straits.

When we are in desperate situations, we only pray to be free of them.

It is at this point that some choose to end their life. They've taken all the disorder, chaos and pain they care to and choose suicide - the last resort, as an avenue of escape.

I've talked with people about the subject of suicide. Here are my views and this is what I tell those who ask:

If the person who ponders the act of suicide would only realize that in a week, perhaps a month, their situation would CHANGE FOR THE BETTER - which is usually the case, they would vanquish their suicidal thoughts forever.

A few years ago I had very heartbreaking situations in my own life. I was at the point in which I didn't care one way or the other. Was suicide an option for me?

No, because it would have went against everything I believe. God gave me my life, it is not mine to take and destroy.

But nonetheless, I can relate and understand how many feel that they just cannot go on and that life is just too painful to continue. That I understand completely.

At that time, others tried to tell me that things would be alright and everything would work out "in time". I wouldn't listen to them. I couldn't see. All I could see was my present sorry situation I was stuck in.

What happened? Time happened.

With the passing of time, situations in my life changed for the better. Now I look back on those years of trial, heartache, and desperation and all I see is that those years taught me patience. I am so glad now that I didn't give up on life.

Those who take their life because of tough and chaotic situations and circumstances lacked patience. They didn't have one iota of patience and now their life is wiped away by their own hand because of it.
Don't you give up on life! Understand that in a few days, weeks or perhaps even years, your situation will change, and most times for the better!

No comments: