If you have been listening, you know that there are many pastors and preachers who will point you towards "achieving prosperity", but they seldom focus in on Jesus and his message.
In our present culture, who/what gets talked up by the Christian preachers and teachers? Who/what gets the primary bulk of their airtime?
- Do they spend their time instructing you on the power of wealth?
- Do you hear the salvation message or just another message on how to "sow a seed and get wealthy"?
- 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
- 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
- 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Would he tell you about his Mercedes Benz or the love you are to have for your brother?
I cannot see how people are taken in by these smooth talkers, these wolves in sheep's clothing. All we have to do in order to not be deceived by them is to listen to what or who they are giving most of their airtime to.
The preachers and teachers who give you a repeated diatribe on the fine points of prosperity are bogus. They key in on this subject because it is useful to them.
How man times have I heard, "Sow a seed and see all of your loved ones saved and your debts demolished"? And who do you sow your seed to? Why them, of course. How long must we endure these charlatans?
Jesus pointed to his Father God and gave glory to him. He pointed to the Holy Spirit. He pointed to the truth, the word of God.
Are the majority of our television evangelists and teachers following in his footsteps? I think not. It is a sad state of affairs when you seldom see a preacher open his bible but instead he will find the time to read some man's poem he stumbled onto that has inspired him. There is nothing wrong with reading an inspiring poem, but give the word of God priority.
What is in a man's heart will come out of his mouth. He will open his mouth and talk on the things which are most important to him. Take time to listen to those around you who claim to be Christians and carry God's message to mankind.