May 30, 2007

America Is A Mess

The mess that has become America cannot be fixed by any man. The only way for this country to get out of the mess that it has been in and remains in is by repenting collectively as a nation. We have went to Iraq and are there fighting an unjust war and untold numbers of innocent people have been murdered and maimed as a result of our foolishness. I truly don't care what many might say. If I do not speak this, it is on my conscience and that is something that I can't live with.

It is not only the war that we've waged against Iraq which has been our undoing. We send our military and national guard off thousands of miles away to spread "democracy and freedom" to those who don't want us intruding within their space, while our own northern and southern borders are a joke. Our unguarded borders will also be our undoing. And while some enjoy the cheap labor this offers, there will be a bitter pill to be swallowed in the end. I fear that the bitter pill will prove to be much more devastating to our nation than we fully understand.

I have related before on my site that I believe God's protective hand is being slowly but surely withdrawn from this nation. This is not to say that he will not watch over and protect those in this nation who remain faithful to him till the end. But there will be repercussions to us as a nation because of our sin and indifference to his commands.

What will the consequences be of our disobedience, failure to repent, and callousness to God and his word? I want to tell you that I cannot fathom it. I only know that God has had long patience and has been very good to this nation for so long that we have become as spoiled expectant children in the good things he's always provided to us. We take him as well as his protective hand for granted.

The scripture which relates to us that in the last days, "Everything that can be shaken WILL be shaken" is precisely what I believe we are in for. We will all be shaken. We will all have doubts and fears. We will all be tested in these last days before our Lord's return. But this test is one which we have brought upon ourselves. This nation should be the light bearer for all others but instead, we find that our light has dimmed and is now barely a flicker. How can we be a beacon to all nations if our light is almost out? the answer is, we cannot.

No comments: