October 28, 2006

Blast Off – Rush Limbaugh’s Mouth Once Again on The Run

I was appalled by Limbaugh’s latest. My thinking now is that perhaps the man suffers from a mental disorder or perhaps has no shame and no compassion for anyone. I certainly hope that he is not back on drugs again. On his October 23 radio show, Limbaugh stated that Fox is "moving all around and shaking" and declared: "And it's purely an act".

Whatever possessed Limbaugh to make this accusation? I have no clue, I don't even want to venture a guess. I only know that his radio listeners should sit up and take notice as to who they are so fervently following and giving their ear to. His blatantly false accusations toward Michael J. Fox left me outraged and saddened. Compassion is the very essence of Christianity. I suppose that Mr. Limbaugh either doesn't know this or he doesn't care. Those who have this disease face a struggle everyday that many of us will never know.

If you have nobody in your life who suffers from Parkinson’s, you have no idea what it takes for for them to just live life. Getting up in the morning and facing another day is not an easy task for those who suffer from Parkinson’s disease because there is no, “springing up out of bed” as there is for those of us who are not stricken with it. Trying to control tremors which you really have no control over becomes monotonous and tiring.

Michael J. Fox has met these struggles head on from the get go. Those who suffer with this disease do not want our pity, they only want to live life. These are very courageous people. They are an inspiration to me and forever will be in my thoughts and prayers. My view of Michael J. Fox has not diminished over the years since we’ve found out about his disease. I don’t see him as less than what he was since he has been diagnosed. I think I see him as more.

Anyone can blast off at the mouth such as Limbaugh has, but not everyone can live life with such courage when facing a mountain in life such as Michael J. Fox has since his diagnosis. Mr. Fox is a rare and precious person. I hope and pray that this would all die down.

That is until Limbaugh targets his next victim, and starts that mouth of his on a collision course again.

To visit Michael J. Fox's Website on Parkinson's Disease, click here .

No comments: